Now that the word is out about the benefits of a cold plunge, people might be wondering, “What’s the best cold plunge on the market?” In this article, we’ll go through each of the top cold tubs and give a personal recommendation based on experience for the best cold plunge money can buy!
A cold tub, also known as an ice bath or cold water immersion, is a therapeutic technique that involves immersing your body in cold water for a short period of time. While it may sound intimidating at first, the benefits of a cold tub are numerous and can improve both your physical and mental well-being.
One of the primary benefits of a cold tub is that it can reduce inflammation and soreness in the muscles. When you exercise, your muscles become inflamed as a natural response to the stress placed on them. This inflammation can cause discomfort and delay the muscle recovery process. Cold water immersion has been shown to reduce inflammation and improve muscle recovery time, making it a valuable tool for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
Additional Benefits of Cold Plunges
In addition to reducing inflammation and soreness, a cold tub can also improve circulation and boost the immune system. Cold water causes the blood vessels to constrict, which can improve circulation and reduce swelling. This can also help to boost the immune system, as increased circulation can help to remove waste and toxins from the body.
Another benefit of a cold tub is that it can reduce stress and improve sleep. Cold water immersion has been shown to stimulate the release of endorphins, which are the body’s natural painkillers and mood elevators. This can help to reduce stress and improve sleep, making it a great tool for managing stress and promoting overall well-being.
While both methods can provide the benefits of cold water immersion, there are some significant differences between them that may influence your decision.
One key difference between a cold tub and an ice bath is the maintenance required to keep them at the optimal temperature. A cold tub is a more convenient option because it can be set to stay at a certain temperature all day without the need for ice. This means that you can simply jump in and out of the tub whenever you need to, without having to worry about adding ice or checking the temperature.
How Convenient Do You Want Your Cold Plunge To Be?
One of the big factors when considering different cold plunge is how much work do you want to put in order to maintain it?
I used to get a Rubbermaid Tub, fill it with Reusable ice, and keep that going daily. When looking at the time commitment for that, it was clear that I was spending 30 minutes minimum a day trying to maintain the cold plunge. However, if that routine works for you, go for it! If reusable ice cubes aren’t your style, consider going all out and splurging to keep it cool with a water chiller.
The other thing you need to consider is filling up the cold plunge every few weeks and keeping it clean. You can have a filter getting it mostly clean but there will likely still be some work to be done to keep it fully clean.
Is There a Portable Cold Plunge?
When talking about convenient cold plunges, there’s the edge theory labs cold plunge which would be my preference as you can transport it anywhere and have it up and running within 15-30 minutes.
Really Durable Cold Plunges
The Cold Plunge Tub would give you a really convenient and easy to use experience for your cold tub since it comes with everything you need to keep it running year round!
The Cold Plunge Tub offers a multitude of advantages, ensuring a truly convenient and user-friendly experience with your cold tub. Equipped with an extensive array of features and components, it guarantees seamless operation and enables year-round usage without any hassle. This exceptional product incorporates various elements that contribute to its remarkable functionality and user satisfaction. With a comprehensive set of additions, it ensures a hassle-free experience and guarantees optimal performance throughout the seasons. This all-inclusive package provides you with everything necessary to maintain and operate your cold plunge tub efficiently, regardless of the weather or time of year.
An ice bath, on the other hand, requires more maintenance. The temperature of the water in an ice bath will fluctuate as the ice melts, so you will need to constantly add ice to keep the water cold. This can be time-consuming and inconvenient, especially if you want to use the ice bath multiple times a day. Additionally, ice baths will need to be cleaned every few weeks to prevent the buildup of bacteria, which can be a hassle.
Rubbermaid Cold Plunge
- Affordability: Rubbermaid cold plunges are often more cost-effective compared to other options available in the market, making them a budget-friendly choice.
- Durability: Rubbermaid tubs are known for their durability and can withstand regular usage, ensuring long-term reliability.
- Versatility: These tubs are multipurpose and can be used for various purposes, such as cold therapy, beverage chilling, or even as a temporary storage container.
- Portability: Rubbermaid cold tubs are lightweight and easy to move, allowing you to relocate them as needed or take them with you on trips or outdoor events.
- Easy Maintenance: Cleaning and maintaining Rubbermaid tubs is relatively simple, as they are resistant to stains and easy to wipe down.
- Availability: Rubbermaid products are widely available in stores, making them easily accessible for purchase.
- Limited Insulation: Rubbermaid tubs may have limited insulation capabilities, meaning that the ice may melt relatively quickly, requiring frequent refills to maintain desired cold temperatures.
- Melting Ice: As the ice melts, it can result in the accumulation of water in the tub, potentially creating a mess that needs to be managed or drained periodically.
- Constant Refilling: Refilling the tub with ice can be a time-consuming task, especially if you require a consistently cold temperature for an extended period.
- Inconsistent Cooling: Depending on the ambient temperature and the amount of ice used, the cooling effect may vary, making it challenging to maintain a consistent cold temperature.
- Space Limitations: Rubbermaid tubs come in various sizes, but they may not provide ample space for larger items or a significant amount of ice, restricting the capacity for certain uses.
- Potential Leakage: Over time, the rubber or plastic construction of the tub may degrade, leading to potential leakage or a decrease in its overall performance.
It’s important to consider these pros and cons before deciding on a Rubbermaid cold tub and the need for regular ice refills, to ensure it aligns with your specific needs and expectations.
The Plunge Cold Tub
- Sleek Looking Design
- Backed by hundreds of 5 star reviews, endorsed by experts, celebrities, athletes, and influencers from all over the world.
- Filtration system built in
- Ozone Sanitation
- Pulls out skin, debris and anything else to keep the water pure
- Has a hot tub option as well
- Easy to use tub, just plug in and go
- Pricing is an obstacle as it will cost more than a standard tub with ice.
- Not portable. Although it is heavy duty, it is not able to be moved.
Comparably so is Edge Theory Labs. This cold tub is made with a durable, tear resistance material (the same material used in Navy seal boats) and features a spacious design. The Edge Theory Cold Tub is also Portable which means you can take it anywhere and set it up in 15 minutes or less!
One unique feature of the Edge Theory Labs cold tub is its ability to heat the water as well, making it a versatile option for year-round use.
Edge Theory Labs
- Filter to keep it continuously clean
- Big enough to sit in it comfortably
- No need for ice
- Really valuable as the only cold tub to date that can be transported, and stay clean through its built-in filters.
- The cost is higher than a standard tub with ice
- No other cons
Recommended Cold Plunge For You
It really comes down to personal preference and what your specific needs are. If you’re looking for a versatile option that can be transported as well as heat and cool the water, Edge Theory Labs is a great choice.
For a more sturdy and permanent option, The Plunge would be the better choice. No matter which cold tub you choose, incorporating one into your recovery routine can help reduce muscle soreness and improve overall performance!
Let me know what your thoughts are in the comments!
Most Recent Posts
- Applying the stoic principles to our daily life
- Embrace Authenticity: Document, Experiment, and Enjoy Your Life
- Mastering Guilt-Free Spending: A Guide To Proper Money Management
- Cultivating an Unstoppable Winning Mindset: Key Tools for Success
- Is It Better to Start House Hacking or Rent An Apartment?